Monday, September 22, 2008

Myanna's Spilled Milk

While deep in thought and multi-tasking at the computer, I hear a sound of rushing liquid not far from where I sat.  As a vision flashed through my mind of Myanna trying to pour her own milk, I jump up and run to the kitchen to find about half the gallon of milk on the floor.  By some power I am able to control my rage and decide to listen to the silent pleas of 'I'm sorry' coming from the mouth of my babe.  I thank her for her apology and tell her to run and get a towel.  Faster than lightning and after much of her huffing and puffing, she returns with a towel and immediately begins to sop up the mess.  Once completed, with a spot check on my part, I explain that we need to use a soapy rag to clean it or else it'll smell.  We get the rag all nice and bubbly, and she begins work on the floor and chair.  I then figure we should mop up the mess and then dry it all up.  Debany sees this as an opportunity for fun. (Mopping is fun, you know.)  'Can I help,' she pleas for her own pleasure.  'uhhh... no thanks.'  Myanna takes full responsibility.  All is done and they go off to play whatever they were before.  I stand there thinking of all the times I just felt like I couldn't get through to her.  And here, she was sorry for the mess and righted the 'milky' situation.  I guess that is what we as parents all hope for.  I thank her and ask her to have mommy help next time.  Maybe there is hope yet for her... and myself.  After all, there's no point in crying over spilled milk, right?

No comments: