Sunday, November 11, 2012

'Dew' Dogs Need Extra Claws?

We took Ava in to the Vet in Provo to get her Dew Claws taken care of.
(Happy Birthday, Ava!
Sorry, not your favorite present, eh?)
It was funny when she came out of surgery.
She was all wobbly and mopey.
(I don't think she liked us for the next few days.)
Her first bandages were actually blue.
She licked them right down her hock.
But it was the third day when they said we could take them off, so lucky us - It was ok.
Ava had been so sad and mopey but she was healing well, so I let her go play with Tootsie, Ava's neighbor pal.  
Well, Ava was quite spirited after being cooped up for so long,
and I think she tore out one of her stitches.
I put on some butterfly stitches (which was awkward with her fur) and bandaged them up again.
The problem was she kept licking the bandages right off!
ERGH.
So I finally put some chili powder paste on it.
Kept it on well enough, it did.
Tomorrow, she goes to get her stitches out.
BUT...
No crazy running still, little miss over-achiever.

No comments: