Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hee Haw Farms 2012

We took a field trip to the farm!
Our first stop was the petting area...

The goats had a special place in my heart. 
I used to raise them in high school.
:)
Especially the pregnant pygmi.
The girls were so fascinated by the fact there was a baby goat in there!  
he he he 
There was a lot going on all the time...
here this goat is trying to say its prayers while the other goat is trying to take away the food of this unsuspecting girl.
("Do I want the 'corn cob ' or the 'corn dog'... 
they sound so much alike, I wish I paid more attention in nutrition class.")
And the little piggies were SOOO cute!
(Can I take one home?! )
There were the big pigs too!  
Not my kids... they were looking at ginormopig in the pen.
That is Myanna on the left. 
(More on her red hair later...) 
See?  Aren't the piglets just CUTE???

Now we just need to grease them!
Porter made quite a few friends to pet.

And now I am pleased to say...
I am the surprised parent of Debany the pig, Porter the horse, and Myanna the sheep.
Thank you Hee Haw Farms.
Myanna shows off the 3 slides:
Burlap sack slide
rolling PVC pipe slide
and the
tube slide.
And no farm trip is complete without the tractor hay ride.

Again, that's Myanna in the red hair, and Debany in the purple hat.
We tried to get lost in the corn field... 
But someone told us to keep turning right and we ended up back where we started.

I see Porter wanting one of these in the near future.
Ditto for Debany.  
:)

On Myanna's Hair...

She asked me if she could wear the wig on our field trip.
At first it was an obvious and resounding, 
"NO.  Why in the world would you ask me that kid?"
Then I was thinking, she does look really cute in that wig.
Then my 'no' became: 
"You know, you are pretty cute in that wig... ok.
Just this once." 


The funny part was that we knew some of the people there at the farm.
And they kept saying, "I LOVE you're daughter's red hair!"
Then they realized who she was.
That was fun!

No comments: