Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Debany's Toothless Grin

When we were at Porter's Opthamology appointment, 
Debany's squeal and shocked expression declared that her tooth had finally fallen out!  
So we stored it safely for our long trip home.
In fact, earlier that day, Debany and I had a guess match - I thought it'd come out on Sunday (in 3 days), and Debany said that today was the day!
And it was!
Thursday, February 12th, 2009

You can even see the new tooth coming in underneath!
So, I continued my quest to be ready for the Tooth Fairy.  
A little internet searching later, I found the perfect solution 
(that I'd been searching for over a week for) - Debany's Tooth Pillow.  
How would the tooth fairy find that tooth if we just laid it under the pillow?!  
It was so little!
So, she put her tooth in the pocket, placed the 'pillow' under her pillow, and tried to calm down as she thought about what was going to happen tonight.  

The cutest part was when I was tucking her into bed and she asked me to straighten her blankets so that she'd look nice for when the tooth fairy came.  I did, and gave her a kiss on the forehead.  I love that girl!

The excitement was tantamount to Christmas that morning
when she found she had not only gotten the penny that she asked for, 
but 4 more!  A total of 5!!!
And a Certificate of Debany's first lost tooth. 
The tooth fairy has an amazing bag to carry everything in!

Congratulations, Debany!

No comments: