"Who gets thrown up on more?"

So Porter wakes up and is just fussing like mad. Mommy goes in to comfort him, picks him up, and rocks him in the rocking chair. Next thing you know, I'm covered... in sick-up.
Gross? Yep. But not my point. I just wanna know! ..."Who gets thrown up on more?"
Who is it that wakes up in the middle of the night to take care of kids who are sick? You might take them to the hospital. They might sick-up there, too. But I'm here sitting thinking, I have to clean the sheets, carpet, bed, chair, ME, sick child, laundry, medicine, etc. And how many times do my kids get sick and they DON'T go to the hospital?
Maybe it's just me. My impulse when someone is groaning and looking like they're in pain, I gotta go and pick them up and comfort them. I mean, I am a woman... and a mom. (I even feel the need to rub my hubby's back when he's worshiping the 'porcelain god'.) Perfect situation to be a mess when the child is sick. And when no one will suffice but mom... another perfect opportunity.
I remember one time when Dane was gone on a two week winter camping trip... Debany was a baby and woke up in the middle of the night and... you guessed it. Twice... after I already cleaned her up and switched her sheets and cleaned myself. Another episode just to clean it all up again.
Call me a little sick in the head... I can take it. I guess I'm kind of glad. If I can comfort my kids when they feel the worst, I'm willing to take on the responsibility of being thrown-up on. Soo... "I'm a mom! Sicked-up on and PROUD! Bring it on!!!"
*** But can we wait a little while before the next flu season? I've got a lot of laundry to get caught up on... ***

Call me a little sick in the head... I can take it. I guess I'm kind of glad. If I can comfort my kids when they feel the worst, I'm willing to take on the responsibility of being thrown-up on. Soo... "I'm a mom! Sicked-up on and PROUD! Bring it on!!!"
*** But can we wait a little while before the next flu season? I've got a lot of laundry to get caught up on... ***
p.s. I feel for all nurses who are moms. You go girls! You are probably the 'grossest' moms ever!!
1 comment:
having sick children is so sad. Ethan was sick a little over a year ago for almost 4 months straight, and it was a horrible experience. And I was the one who got thrown up on repeatedly....ryan would hold him, but not as much as me, and so I got it all.... even at the hospital, it was me, not the nurse, who got it. :) I've been lucky though, Ethan hasn't been sick since then. I hope Porter feels better soon. And I feel for you on the laundry front....cleaning up the "sick" mess is I think the worse part of the whole "sick-up" process.
Post a Comment