Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jenn's Big 5k Race


My friend Liz and I signed up for a 5k race on June 12th, 2010...
So we ran a ton together in the mornings a few weeks before the race.

Dane, the massage therapist that he is, gave me a pre-event massage
(very different from a normal massage)
but my muscles were warm and very ready to get moving!
3.1 miles
The first 3 were GREAT!
I never felt so awesome of a run before!
My favorite part was having my husband, kids, and mother-in-law there to cheer me on!
Amazingly,
we all hit our goals!
Sarah hit her 25 min goal...
Liz hit her 30 min. goal...
and I finished the race without stopping!
(time of 33:44 - not bad for 12 years since my last 5 k!)
My only downfall was the last .1 of a mile
where my left leg was hurting and I limped across the finish line.
Luckily, a friend lent me his crutches for a week,
another friend lent me her cane for a few days,
And now there's no limp except when it's been a long day of walking/standing.
Here's to recovery.
(Wish I could've run the Freedom run in July!)
Needless to say, I'll be taking it easy and starting slow getting myself back up to race pace.
So many more 5k's and Triathlons to do!

No comments: