Thursday, December 11, 2008

The 'Twenty Minute Timer' Lifesaver

I woke up this morning.  Got out of bed.  The kids at the door, "Are you guys up yet?" I stagger to the door and pause at my hand on the doorknob.  I wonder, 'What is in store today?'  

As soon as the door was opened, my mind went blank, and I don't know where my day went.  But as I look at my calendar, I find that doctor appointments have been made, broken windows will be getting fixed quickly, family pictures are scheduled, more papers are sorted, kids are fed, and even my hubby helped with the papers, Christmas crafts are put together, and the kids have had their naps!  

How did all this happen?!?  

As I recall, throughout my day, a resounding beeping was present - frequent beeping.  How frequently? About every 20 minutes.  I remember working on the kitchen, and when the timer went off - awww... me time.  Then, 20 minutes later, I go back and finish the kitchen, and move on to the phone calling.  Then, what? More 'ME' time?  Are you serious?  I could get used to this!  More work, more... awwww.  On and on and on...  

The result. Stuff got done, and I'm actually calm tonight.  I think I'll go to bed soon!  

VICTORY! 

No comments: