Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our 'Pet' Snake -- 'Tiger'

Jenn (of all people) caught a snake in the grass in our backyard.
---I think the Bean Museum is being a bad influence :)---

(This video is kind of fuzzy.
But, be sure to listen to what cute stuff is said.)

It's cuteness... yessss, cuteness...
kinda grows on you after a little bit...
So we decided to keep it.
You know, 'once you name it, you get attached to it.'
---Monster's, Inc.

This is Tiger's Home...


And here is our Tiger...


I hear that you can find out if it's a boy or a girl by it's (uh-hem) 'vent.'
We'll leave that to a professional.
I think we'll name it 'Tyger Lilly' if it's a girl.

Thanks to my sister, we learned a ton about snakes and how to take care of our own little snake! She's awesome -- my sister! She snake-sat a snake from her school and had tons of fun.

It seems like our backyard crickets and hoppers just are too big for Tiger... so we went and bought some crickets (a whole $.50). Everything else was free: tank (freecycle), dirt, rocks, leaves, branches... snake! And it eats something like only once a week to once a month. (I like those kinds of pets.)

It's amazing all the things you can learn about snakes.

No comments: